Short Information for Guests
The administrators hope that international guests who don't speak (much) German get along in the CIP Pool of Physics. Unfortunately, there is not enough manpower to maintain a complete translation of these Wiki pages in English. So here's the short version of everything:
- You get a login from the Rechenzentrum if you are a student or employee of the university. If you belong to neither of those groups, please talk to the person organizing your stay.
- Terminals are also found in the library of the physics department ("Gruppenbibliothek Physik").
- You can choose to have the user interface of the programs translated to your native language: Select "Einstellungen" in the lower left corner of the login screen. If your language is missing, you can mail the administrators (see below).
- You are expected to behave according to common sense, i.e.
- Don't drink and eat at the computers and terminals.
- Don't disconnect any hardware (except your USB keychains of course).
- If you bring a laptop computer, use the WLAN / Wifi provided and don't plug in / disconnect cables.
- Sometimes, there are exercises in the main course room. Please don't disturb them and move elsewhere in case your computer is required.
- Usage policy of the Rechenzentrum applies in the CIP pool, too. That means no illegal downloading and filesharing; no abusive behaviour like sending unsolicited email, excessive utilization of network bandwidth, etc.
- Opening times: 8 am to 8 pm.
For access to CIP Computers from your home see SecureShell
In case of any problems not addressed by this page please don't hesitate to mail email@example.com .